maandag 6 augustus 2018

A finished EPP quilt

Exactly 13 months ago, I decided to "do something" with a jelly roll I bought many years ago (snippets from American Jane). I wrote about it in this post.

After handpiecing the quilt, it was handquilted with perle cotton and finally a border was added, also by hand. I think I can rightly say this is a 100% hand-made quilt!


The quilt measures 152cm x 210 cm, so it is quite a generous size.



I added a border in a blue fabric. You might be able to see that it is actually piping.



For the back I chose a yellow flower fabric to stay in the sunny theme.

 The quilting shows really nicely on this fabric.


I'm calling this quilt "Grandmother's summer garden" because of the sunny colours. Although this summer, my garden looks more or less brown instead of the usual bright green...


This is my first finish of 2018, but I hope my new Juki sewing machine, that I will try for the first time today, will make it possible to add one or maybe two quilts to this list!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Such a lovely quilt Anne! So much hours of handstitching make it even look more beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Super duper lovely! I really like how the striped border looks like ribbons because of the crenellated edge of the white. Nice mitres on the border as well, and great colour choices. All around wonderful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...