maandag 16 mei 2016

Covering a cut in a sleeve - Een scheur in een bloes wegwerken

Last year, I bought a blouse online. The blouse was packed in a plastic bag and when I opened that bag with scissors, I cut right in the left sleeve of the new blouse. Ouch. 

As you can see, the cut is almost an inch long, so not really small. It's impossible to wear this blouse without fixing the cut.

After sulking for half a year and pondering about how to fix this, I opted for cutting right throught the sleeve and insert a lace strip. I chose between three options: the first is a simple cotton strip.

It was ok, but really white as opposed to the slight off-white of the blouse. Hmmm, not sure.
The next one is a small  lace strip that I really like, but it's quite stiff and I'm afraid it will scratch my arms every time I move. A definite no, this one.

The last one is a broader lace strip, and a lot softer than the second one. The colour is also exactly right.
No going back now...

 Doesn't look too bad...

And because I could not do only the left sleeve, because that would be really silly, here is a picture of the blouse with both sleeves altered.

And since I had some leftover lace, I decided to alter the bow bit.

 And so, one year after purchasing it, I'll finaly be able to wear this slightly altered blouse to work.

zondag 1 mei 2016

One border added - Eén boord toegevoegd

All the orange peels are finished and the four borders added to bee quilt. I'm quite happy with the result.

Alle blaadjes zijn afgewerkt en de vier boorden aan de quilt gestikt. Ik ben best tevreden met het resultaat.

As always, I did not really have a plan before adding the orange peels. No plan means no measurements. This resulted in not being able to  continue the orange peels around the corners, because to do that, I should have made a plan before sewing and as always, that was too much to ask.  I solved this by adding a flower in avery corner, using leftover flowers and leaves from my HST quilt. It is a scrap quilt after all.

Zoals gewoonlijk had ik geen plan gemaakt alvorens de blaadjes aan de quilt te naaien. Geen plan en dus geen afmetingen. Daardoor kon ik het patroon van de blaadjes niet laten laten doorlopen in de hoeken. Daarvoor had ik eerst moeten nadenken en dan naaien, maar dat bleek weeral eens te veel gevraagd. Ik loste het probleem op door in elke hoek een bloem te naaien,  waarvoor ik overschotjes gebruikte van mijn HST quilt. Het is en blijft immers een restjesquilt.

The quilt measures 130cm x 170 cm now, so I want to add a a second border. How that will look, is still a mystery to me. Ideas are welcome :-)

De quilt meet nu 130cm x 170cm, dus ik wil graag nog een tweede boord toevoegen. Hoe die eruit zal zien is ook voor mij nog een raadsel. Alle ideeën zijn welkom :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...