It has been almost 2 years since I made the first blocks for the winding ways quilt and last time I worked on it was more than a year ago. I finished 24 blocks, two from every colour of the Oakshott Ruby red fat quarter pack.
Not that I forgot about it, but I had a layout in mind for this quilt but not enough of the background fabric to make that layout. And so I searched the internet for extra fabric and I searched shops but couldn't find any. A couple of days ago, I decided to give up searching and make do with the fabric I had.
I made a new layout, counting and using every bit of background fabric. The Oakshott is not a problem, more than enough fabric in the fat quarter pack.